Who Are We ?
The IEF French language Institute in La Rochelle is a renowned training centre in a unique city.
Opened in 1931, the IEF has over 80 years of experience in the teaching of French as a foreign language. The centre is open all year round and is well-equipped with modern teaching resources. Our team is always available to assist you and our aim is to ensure that you enjoy the most effective and memorable experiencehere with us.
IEF offers a range of individual and group training courses in:
- General French
- Business French
- Teaching methodology classes for teachers of French as a Foreign Language
- Specialized French classes (French for specific purposes)
We welcome individuals, professionals and students in groups or in one-to-one classes. We offer ‘à la carte’ customized programmes for students on language courses. La Rochelle, a historic city located on the Atlantic Coast, is the ideal setting in which to study the French language. The architectural beauty of the city centre, the variety of local gastronomy and the proximity of famous sites such as Ré Island, Bordeaux, Cognac and the Loire Valley Castles, make La Rochelle one of the most visited destinations in the Atlantic coast area.
IEF is part of Excelia Group, an internationally recognised French business school which receives international students from across the world – around 950 students out of a total of 3 800 students are from overseas every year.
As a student at IEF, you will be able to take advantage of the following campus facilities :
- A 475 m² library which has a partnership agreement with the University Library located just a five-minute walk from the School
- A self-service multi-media centre
- Unlimited access to Internet and Institut’s Intranet network*
- Computer terminals available for student use
- An International Student Card (ISIC)
- Student associations including the BDI (International Students’ association)
- An on-site cafeteria
- A nearby university restaurant (except in July and August)
- The university sport centre
- The university medical service
- A dedidated academic and administrative team always ready to support you throughout your stay at the IEF
*Provides access to classes and timetables and keeps up to date with all the latest news of the IEF. You will also be given an email address to communicate with teachers and your fellow students.