Pre-enrolment can be registered upon receipt of:
- The completed registration form, with date and signature of student;
- Passport or ID copy;
- 1 standard passport photograph;
- Proof of payment of the total amount or minimum 50% of the total amount (the remainder of the due sum will have to be paid, at the latest, two weeks before the start of the courses);
- Proof of insurance during the whole study period.
ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES – For periods of study exceeding 3 months
- Before departure:
CVEC : in compliance with the French Act of 9 March 2018 relative to Orientation and Success of Students, every student admitted to a French institution of higher education for the 2018/19 academic year is subject to a new fee known as the CVEC : “Contribution Vie Etudiante et de Campus” = Student and Campus Life Contribution. This helps to finance on-campus programs that enhance the student experience. Here is everything you need to know about this new annual fee (€92) : https://www.campusfrance.org/en/10-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-new-student-and-campus-life-contribution-cvec
Please go on webpage http://messervices.etudiant.gouv.fr to pay the tax and get the certificate.
VISA : you have to go on the following webpage https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en_US/web/france-visas/welcome-page. There, you will find all the information about the visa procedure you have to do before arriving.
- After arrival:
VISA : we will provide assistance upon arrival in France with the validation procedure of the visa by the OFII (French office for immigration and integration). This procedure is mandatory and must be done during the first three months after your arrival. If not you will be considered by the French authorities to be in an irregular situation. For your meeting with the OFII, you will have to come with the following documents:
- Your passport with the « étudiant » visa;
- Proof of address in France;
- One passport photograph;
- A dematerialized stamp of 60 € : please see the following webpage : https://timbres.impots.gouv.fr/ (Titre pour étrangers)
SOCIAL SECURITY: after your enrolment in a higher education institution, you must register to the French social security. Registration is free and can be done online : https://etudiant-etranger.ameli.fr/#/. It is available in French and English. Students from the European Union, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway or Switzerland can have the European Health Insurance Card. Consequently, they do not need to register for French social security. You have to ask for this card in the country you are from.