Choosing to study in Orleans has many advantages, making it a popular destination for students.
- History & heritage: Orleans is a city steeped in history… explore historic sites such as Sainte-Croix cathedral and Joan of Arc’s house, which bear witness to the city’s fascinating past
- A cosmopolitan yet intimate city: a safe and friendly place to live and study
- Close to Paris: Orleans is about an hour by train from Paris, so students can enjoy all the advantages of the French capital while benefiting from the often more affordable cost of living in Orleans
- Dynamic local economy: the Centre-Val de Loire region boasts a wide range of job opportunities
- Culture & sport: Orleans has a dynamic cultural life, with festivals, performing arts events, theatres and museums; sports enthusiasts will also find a wide range of activities, including cycling along the Loire and sailing on the lake in the Forêt d’Orléans
- Nature on the doorstep: Orleans is surrounded by magnificent countryside, including the Loire Valley, forests and regional parks, making it an ideal location for outdoor enthusiasts
Orleans offers an exciting combination of history, quality of life, high quality education and employment opportunities. It is a city where students can flourish on an academic, cultural, and personal level.
A whole host of discoveries await you!
- Visit Sainte-Croix cathedral
- Explore Joan of Arc’s house
- Stroll along the banks of the Loire
- Discover the historic city centre
- Take in a show at the Théâtre d’Orléans
- Visit the Fine Arts Museum
- Enjoy the many festivals and cultural events
- Sample the local cuisine… rillettes, pithiviers, Loire wines, etc.
- Relax in the Floral de la Source park
- Enjoy outdoor activities… cycling, hiking, canoeing, kayaking, etc.