(DELF / DALF preparation course)
- DELF (Diplôme d’Etudes en Langue Française) qualification
This official qualification in French language studies is issued by the French Ministry of National Education and is internationally recognised.
It certifies the level of French in the four key skill areas set out in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, for levels A1-B2, and is valid for life. This qualification is essential if you want to study at a French higher education establishment or work in the world of business in France.
During this course, you will have general French lessons in the morning (20 hrs/week) and intensive exam preparation lessons in the afternoon (8 hrs/week). A mock exam is organised at the end of the session, to optimise exam preparation.
- DALF (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française) qualification
This official qualification in French language studies is issued by the French Ministry of National Education and is recognised internationally.
It certifies the level of French in the four key skill areas set out in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages for levels C1 and C2 and is valid for life. The DALF provides proof of a perfect command of the French language, enabling you to enter a higher education establishment or work in a French-speaking country.
During this course, you will attend general French lessons in the mornings (20 hrs/week) and intensive exam preparation lessons in the afternoons (8 hrs/week). A mock exam is organised at the end of the session to optimise exam preparation.
A choice of study location: La Rochelle, Paris, Tours or Orleans
More about our La Rochelle campus
More about our Paris campus
More about our Tours campus
More about our Orleans campus
Training the Trainer
This course is specially designed for teachers of French as a Foreign Language who want to improve their practices or enhance their professional skills.
This culture, language and methodology course will enable you to strengthen your knowledge of French culture and civilisation. It will help you to diversify your teaching techniques and refresh your knowledge. You will discover innovative approaches to teaching and a variety of tools specific to French as a Foreign Language.
The course is complemented by a programme of activities, cultural visits and company visits that will provide you with an opportunity to appreciate the richness of French culture. You will have the time to discover the city of La Rochelle and the Atlantic islands, fully immersing yourself in the French way of life!
The course is built on discussion and debate on teaching methods, using real-life documents relating to the culture and civilisation topics covered in lessons. During the course, participants will be asked to produce a pedagogical report which they will present at the end of the session.
A certificate is awarded at the end of the course.
The course comprises 20 hours over one week:
- Themed workshops… encouraging discussion and debate
- Learning strategies… identifying techniques and ideas relating to different forms of culture (film, literature, theatre, painting, etc.)
- Evolutions in French society… looking at the major cultural, political and economic changes taking place in France
- France in Europe and in the wider world
- The French: everyday life and current difficulties
- Overview of French culture: theatre, music, literature, etc.
- Culture didactics… integrating interculturality into classroom activities
- Exploring linguistic and sociocultural developments through current affairs… press, film, literature, music or storytelling – using stories to develop language skills from an intercultural perspective
- Creating your own teaching resources … leveraging the documents and materials provided and used in the methodology workshops
- Guided cultural tours and company visits… with in-class discussion (visit of La Rochelle, Musée du Nouveau Monde, Île de Ré, Maison Normandin-Mercier Cognac/Pineau, Musée Maritime, Corderie Royale and Hermione shipyard, Île d’Aix, etc.)
Only available on our La Rochelle campus
More about our La Rochelle campus
TEF French Language Tests
Our French Language Institute is an approved centre for TEF French language tests. The TEF is an internationally recognised test that assesses a person’s ability to communicate in French. It is a modular test. There are several versions, depending on a candidates’ objectives and the administrative formalities they are looking to undertake.
- TEF for naturalisation purposes
- TEF for studying in France
- TEF for emigrating to Canada: Immigration/Citizenship
- TEF for Access to Quebec (known as TEFAQ)