The IEF is a reputable institute within Excelia, with a presence in several major French cities.
Established in 1931, the IEF specialises in teaching French as a Foreign Language. Open throughout the academic year, the institute leverages the latest pedagogical resources, and our team is always on hand to ensure that your experience is both successful and memorable.
The IEF offers a range of one-to-one and group courses in:
- General French
- Business French
- Teaching methodology for French as a Foreign Language teachers
- Specialised French
At the IEF, we welcome private individuals, professionals and students in groups or for one-to-one lessons. We can also offer à la carte courses for students on language stays. There is a choice of study location: La Rochelle, a historic city on the Atlantic Coast, Tours and Orleans in the Loire Valley, and Paris, France’s capital.
IEF is part of Excelia, an internationally recognised higher education establishment that welcomes students from all around the world (around 1375 international students of 80 different nationalities).
As a student at the IEF, you benefit from…
- Excelia’s multimedia library… XL LIBRARY
- Wi-Fi access, and access to all Excelia tools*
- an International Student Identity Card (ISIC)
- student clubs and associations
- an on-site cafeteria/dining area
- nearby university restaurant facilities (except in July)
- the University sports centre
- the University Medical Centre
- a dedicated academic and admin team, on hand to support you throughout your time at the IEF
* To access your personal file, your timetable, and the latest news from both the IEF and Excelia. You will also be given an Excelia email address, which is essential for the IEF to be able to communicate with you.