Our French language classes are based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and are thereforetaught at every level from A1 to C2. The language level of each student is regularly assessed in order to encourage optimal individual progress.
The number of students is limited : this enables all of them to benefit from close supervision from their teachers :
– not more than 15 students per class for beginner level;
– not more than 24 students per class for intermediate and advanced levels.
The aim of IEF classes is to enable students to acquire or deepen their knowledge of French grammar and vocabulary through the use of a wide range of teaching support materials (authentic documents, audio and visual materials etc.), all of which are designed to develop both oral and written expression and comprehension skills.
Acquisition of business and economic vocabulary in order to be able to write letters in French
– Vocabulary exercises
– Application of vocabulary in spoken contexts through role plays
– Business-style discussions
– Study of written texts taken from various economic newspapers
Acquisition of French grammar and its idioms:
– Dictation (to detect phonetic errors)
– Exercises in grammatical structures
– Automatic writing (application of grammatical theory)
– Role plays to recycle the use of acquired language
Acquisition of vocabulary: formal language, standard language, colloquial and slang language.
– Structural vocabulary exercises
– Role plays and sketches to apply the vocabulary acquired
Develop the ability to converse, to express an opinion, reflect on a question and improve pronunciation etc.:
– Presentations on topics related to French culture and civilization
– Learners choose a current news topic and present it to the group
– Debates about current events
– Word and language games
Culture and Civilization
– Exploration of different aspects of French culture through film
– Film screenings
– Explanation of vocabulary
– Analysis of the form and content of the films and of the cultural and civilisation themes in comparison with the different countries represented