The Business Foundation Program
The Business Foundation Program aims to prepare international students from all cultural backgrounds to acquire the skills required to be admitted to a degree-awarding program taught in French.
The course objectives are :
- To improve students’ level in French to understand classes taught in French more easily and accelerate their progress. The aim is to reach level B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages by the end of the 1st semester, then level B2 by the end of the academic year.
- To train students for the TEF (Test d’Evaluation du Français) French language test for non-native speakers and to enable them to achieve the score required to enter their preferred degree program (with the possibility of admission to the 1st, or another year, of the ESC, BB, BI or BST programs).
- To facilitate students’ integration and help them adapt easily and on a long-term basis to French teaching methods and life in France.
- To enable students to perform more confidently on degree-awarding courses.
- To enable students to carry out internships and, ultimately, to pursue their professional careers in France.
The Business Foundation Program includes 850 hours of tuition divided up as follows:
|640 HOURS OF FACE-TO-FACE TEACHING IN FLE||Focusing on the 4 skills: oral comprehension, written comprehension, oral expression, and written expression.|
|30 HOURS OF MANAGEMENT CLASSES||These aim to familiarize students with the economic, political, and cultural environment in France and Europe.|
|30 HOURS IN INTERCULTURAL MANAGEMENT AND ETHICS||Focusing on the way of life and the approaches to study in Europe and cultural and ethical diversity.|
|30 HOURS OF METHODOLOGY CLASSES||Which aims to equip students to succeed in higher education via a range of activities: critical analysis, case studies, project work, and critical thinking, etc.)|
|30 HOURS OF GENERAL CULTURE CLASSES||To provide students with key concepts in philosophy, history, and history of art in Europe.|
|30 HOURS OF GUEST SPEAKER TALKS||Dealing with a wide variety of topics is generally delivered by experts in their field.|
|PREPARATION FOR THE TEF TEST||Given regularly throughout the year’s classes, students can take the test and achieve B2 level on the CEFRL at the end of the academic year.|
|THE INTERNATIONAL WEEK GUEST LECTURES||Delivered by speakers from the School’s university partners.|
Coaching: the program’s special additional feature
The role of our coaching program is to enable students to:
- Identify and construct their personal career plan (develop better self-knowledge; understand their own aspirations, motivations, values, etc.)
- Have support in the choice of their future education program or degree course
- Design their own communication tools; develop their personal ‘pitch’ and present themselves effectively
- Prepare to pass entrance exams successfully.
- One-year intensive program (September intake): to bridge the gap between the previous study and what is expected for study in France (60 ECTS).
- Six-months fast track (January intake): for students with B1language proficiency (30ECTS).
|Period||Tuition fee||Multiservices fee*||Total **|
|From Sept. to June||€ 7 155||€ 550||€ 7705|
|From Jan. to June||€ 4 885||€ 275||€ 5160|
* Multi-services fee allows access to School’s multimedia network, Internet, media library, international student card (ISIC).
** The total is given without the Contribution Vie Étudiante CROUS (CVEC) of 92€, which must be paid directly to the CROUS (National Students Office) to get a receipt allowing students to complete their registration. Click here for more info!