Discover the warm welcome we give to our international students ! Among the activities : visit of the school and campus, guided tour of the city of La Rochelle, student life workshops (opening a bank account, housing allowance, etc…) and incentive day by the sea (stand up, paddle, beach volley, color rain, etc…).
How much do I need to live in La Rochelle?
We estimate that the average costs for a student in La Rochelle amount to about 800 € per month:
- Average rent : 400 €
- Rental charges (electricity – water) : 30 €
- Food : 200 €
- Transport : 40 €
- Academic supplies: 50 €
- Routine costs (cleaning products, telephone, launderette, outings etc.) : 100 €
- Mandatory IT, Library, Administrative services fee : 280 €
- Social Security : 211 € (price in 2013/14, subject to change in 2014/15)
- Accommodation insurance: 50 € per year
- 1 month’s deposit: 1 month’s rent
Where can I eat lunch?
There are 5 university restaurants on the university campus and they are all within easy reach of the Business School.
Payment is made by an e-cash card and information is available at the restaurants. The current price is 3.15€ per meal (but this may be increased in 2014/15).
WARNING: the University Restaurant usually closes during the summer period (July to August). IEF is situated on the La Rochelle University campus and is therefore near to various food outlets (cafés, baker’s etc.). A meal in these places will cost between 5 and 10 €.
Where can I buy food?
The following supermarkets are available in the city centre and in the outskirts:
- Monoprix ( in the city centre, near the ‘Grosse Horloge’ Town Clock)
- Carrefour City (Technoforum or in the city centre : Rue du Minage)
- Hyper U Beaulieu (Bus n°4, direction Niort)
- Carrefour Angoulins (direction Rochefort)
- Leclerc (Bus n°4, direction Niort)
- Coop (rue Saint Nicolas)
- Carrefour Market (rue Nicolas Gargot in La Rochelle – next to the SUAPSE Sports centre)
Where can I find information?
- The Médiathèque at Excelia Group (upon presentation of your student card, you can borrow books for 15 days )
- The City Médiathèque (next to the FLLASH)
- The University Library (free consultation of books on-site )